Community Care Department Program Manager
Salary: Commensurate with education and experience and within budget constraints.
Education: Bachelors or Masters Level Public Health, Registered Nurse, Licensed Master’s Social Worker, Limited License Master’s Social Worker or Bachelors Social Worker with current state of Michigan License Preferred. For Registered Nurse, Bachelors of Science degree in nursing from an accredited four-year college or university is preferred.
Experience: 2 years experience in a non-profit environment with a community health and/or human services organization working with older adults. Familiarity with the aging network, community organizations and resources for seniors is desirable. Some experience with data entry and data management required. Familiarity with third party reimbursement systems is required. Experience with MI Choice Waiver and/or managed care organizations is a plus.
Requirements: Has excellent interpersonal and group process skills. Is accurate, conscientious and flexible with attention to detail. Is familiar with computers and has proficiency in Microsoft 365 including Teams, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and PowerPoint. Accepts direction, is well organized, and has the ability to meet deadlines. Willingness to work in a team environment. The Senior Alliance is a non-profit 501c(3) where philanthropy on behalf of the agency is a requirement of all employees. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Perform job functions with ethics, honesty and integrity.
General Job Description: Provides MI Choice Waiver eligibility management and oversight. Oversees sta. Recognizes importance of authorization process with Integrated Care Organizations. Works with family members and caregivers to maximize available support systems. Provides proper documentation of program activities and budgets.
Physical Requirements: Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time.
- Oversees CHAMPS MCC process and all follow-up to ensure that appropriate capitated payments are received for the MI Choice Waiver program
- Manages CHAMPS MCC enrollment/disenrollment process
- Monitors, analyzes and works to rectify POS issues
- Liaison between TSA and the MDHHS Adult Medical Services office, including oversight of and communication with the on-site DHHS worker
- Monitors MI Choice Waiver slot utilization
- Monitors MI Choice Waiver Wait List and all rules that apply
- Meets documentation requirements and standards for the MI Choice Waiver program
- Ensures compliance with all service standards and program guidelines as defined by Michigan Department of Health and Human Services
- Maintains liaisons with hospitals, human service providers, home care agencies, and other referring agencies in geographic area of responsibility.
- Assists in providing documentation of project activities for reports and/or client applications for internal review and to appropriate outside entities.
- Supervises Supports Coordinator staff and Support Staff assigned to program.
- Handles other duties as assigned.