The Business Resource Network or "BRN" is a private-public partnership whose purpose is to assist local businesses with the retention of employees through the provision of support activities to remove barriers to their continued employment. The Success Coach will be working with individual employees on a one-on-one basis and is responsible for helping them to identify their barriers (transportation, childcare, housing, etc.) and work with them to find a resolution to those barriers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide outreach to businesses in Wayne County, excluding the City of Detroit, that are having employee retention problems.
- Promote the recruitment of companies to become members of the BRN.
- Maintain a regular scheduled engagement with BRN member companies. This schedule may be one segment (e.g., 3 to 4 hours) or multiple segments. Schedule may accommodate coverage for various work shifts.
- Provide resources (flyers, web sites, etc.) to employees.
- Present program to employees in collaboration with employers.
- Schedule appointments with employees of BRN member companies, as needed.
- Assess the needs of BRN employees to determine if they need assistance to continue employment.
- Work with BRN employees to identify solutions to resolve employment issues.
- Determine eligibility for BRN program assistance
- Provide continued employee case management to monitor progress in problem resolution.
- Maintain BRN employee case management files documenting services.
- Maintain current files of social services available to employees of BRN member employers and provide information on how to obtain services.
- Arrange for the procurement of services with third party providers.
- Assist BRN employees in completing written applications for services when needed.
- Provide emergency assistance and crisis intervention to BRN employees when necessary.
- Produce reports and updates to the Lead Success Coach monthly or as requested.
- Demonstrate continuous efforts to improve the process, decrease turnaround times, streamline work methods, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide value-added customer service to employees.
- Establish, nurture, and maintain appropriate linkages to internal and external employee resources.
- Responsible for relating and interacting with the public and co-workers in a positive way that results in mutual cooperation and respect.
- Maintain all BRN employee information as confidential.
- Other duties as assigned.
All SEMCA team members are expected to be technically competent and committed to continuous development of their skills. The following skills, knowledge and education or certifications are specifically required for this position:
- Associate degree in Social Work, Career Counseling, Human Resources, or a related field
- Previous experience in human or community service. Preference in consideration given to those with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in human services or social work
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written) with staff, employees, management, referral sources, the public, etc.
- Must be able to analyze problems and propose effective solutions
- Strong business and professional interpersonal skills are necessary to work with businesses and employees
- Knowledge and familiarity with local community resources
- Self-motivated and skilled at organization, multitasking, and prompt follow-up
- Proficiency with Adobe and Microsoft Office
- Familiarity with WordPress CMS
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience with employer and community engagement/outreach
- Comfortable speaking in front of a large audiences
- Ability to provide own transportation
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Career Counseling, Human Resources, or a related field
- Experience working for a non-profit organization
Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a normal office setting and use standard office equipment including a computer, vision to read printed materials on an LCD screen and smartphone, hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person and over the telephone. These requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individual requiring and requesting and/or needing additional accommodations.