We're often told that our team feels this is the best place they've ever worked. That's good because that's literally our goal. We know that if our team feels valued and taken care of, they'll pass it on to our customers. That's how we've consistently grown for nearly 30 years, and that's how we'll keep being a special place to work in the future.
With that in mind, we relentlessly pursue having a team that functions at a high level through a few specific team norms.
If you want to join our team, ask yourself the following questions:
The Qualified Saw Operator will be able to perform the following tasks:
- Am I comfortable taking responsibility for myself, never allowing myself to be a victim?
- Do I have the courage it takes to be vulnerable with my team?
- Am I strong enough to share specific feedback with my colleagues?
- Will I be able to ensure clarity? Whether I must ask for it or give it?
- Am I able to hold a colleague accountable?
- Can I be committed to caring more about advancing the culture of the team than advancing myself?
Requirements of a Saw Operator:
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
- Must be able to lift 35 lbs.
- Work in a standing position for long periods, kneel, bend and work with arms above head, use hand-operated power tools.
- Must be able to identify quality and build issues and notify appropriate person(s).
- Required to pass a drug screen and background check.
That is the Morrison Way. That is the only way we know.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Must have excellent stamina, strength, and dexterity.
- Must have the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Must be able to accurately read a tape measure.
- Set up material to be cut.
- Operate a saw to cut the material.
- The ability to teach would be advantageous.
- A willingness to learn and work overtime when required.
- Outstanding attention to detail.