The Human Resources Generalist/Recruiter is responsible for supporting all human resources functions of a long-established, dynamic non-profit organization. Role performs professional level HR duties and is responsible for leading recruiting activities and for supporting the functional areas of talent management of the employee life cycle, employee engagement, training, performance management, policy implementation, affirmative action, safety, and federal, state, and local employment law compliance. Develops partnerships to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects SEMCA business objectives. Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the human resources team to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
IMPORTANT: This ia a PART TIME position
Pay Range: $30-$34 an hour, 12 paid holidays and 6% employer match 403(b)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the recruitment process, which includes:
- Establishing strong and positive HR partnerships with hiring managers in the development and coordination of recruiting activities. Collaborating with hiring managers and/or HR Manager to identify hiring needs, develop job descriptions, define recruitment requirements, etc.
- Promoting employer's reputation as "Great Workplace. Great Pay and Benefits. Make A Difference!"
- Preparing recruitment materials and posting jobs on relevant job boards, etc.
- Sourcing and recruiting candidates through multiple channels including internet sourcing, databases, online employment forums, social media, cold calling, networking events, and job fairs, based on current recruiting trends and best practices
- Assessing and screening job applicant knowledge, talents, experience, and interpersonal skills with job vacancy qualifications
- Coordinating interview committees and activities, scheduling interviews, assembling and distributing interview packets, and communicating with identified candidates
- Act as a point of contact and build influential and professional candidate relationships during the selection process
- Maintain knowledge of and ensure compliance of recruiting federal, state, and local compliance regulations and requirements
- Coordinate with Human Resources Coordinator and HR team to schedule candidate pre-hire and onboarding activities
- Maintain current knowledge of employment-related laws and affiliated agencies and organizations, and assist with providing compliance in all areas of human resources
- As assigned by HR Manager, coordinate and/or manage HR programs including performance management, training and development, employee recognition, compensation, and benefits, etc.
- Collaborate with HR Manager on the development and administration of human resources policies, procedures, and programs
- Respond to and provide assistance with internal and external human resources inquiries and requests
- Prepare and maintain employment records for employee actions such as hiring, separations, medical leaves, transfers, promotions, demotions, and other employee actions in compliance with applicable standards
- Process and coordinate employee benefits administration activities including health insurance, short and long-term disability, life insurance, FMLA, and workers’ compensation
- Prepare and maintain Workers’ Compensations and SEMCA incident reports
- Assist in the aggregation of data required to prepare annual Affirmative Action Plans
- Provide guidance on employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns
- Other duties as assigned
All SEMCA team members are expected to be technically competent and committed to continuous development of their skills. The following skills, knowledge and education or certifications are specifically required for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, education, public administration, social sciences, or relevant field
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in a mid-level responsible human resources or relevant role
- Demonstrated experience in recruiting, talent acquisition
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service-oriented approach
- Strong organizational and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated experience and capacity to maintain confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to listen attentively to others to respond and take action on employee needs and organization requests
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Experience working for a federal contractor
- Experience managing Human Resource Management software and systems (HRIS, HRMS)
Duties require sufficient mobility to work in a normal office setting and use standard office equipment including a computer, vision to read printed materials on an LCD screen and smartphone, hearing and speech sufficient to communicate in person and over the telephone. These requirements may be accommodated for otherwise qualified individual requiring and requesting and/or needing additional accommodations.