ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Livonia Anniversary Committee seeks an Executive Director for the first time in its 50+ year history. This position will answer to the Board of Directors and is responsible for the success of the annual Livonia Spree. The Executive Director oversees the operation, administration, and planning of the Livonia Spree under the direction of the Board of Directors. Defines the goals, success metrics, and messaging for Spree. Implements best practices and develops planning standards and procedures. Additionally, works with well-established vendors while developing new contacts to ensure the highest standards are met. This is a year-round contractual position, averaging approximately 10-20 hours/week with additional hours expected for the week preceding, Spree week, and the week after.
• Oversee all Spree operations as directed by Board.
• Responsible for financial performance and continued viability of Spree.
• Keep records and ongoing financial reports, including AP/AR, yearend, and yearly budgets.
• Prepare monthly reports for the Executive and full Board.
• Develops partnerships and sponsors to increase community awareness and revenue.
• Provides input to strategic decisions and budgeting.
• Provides input on board responsibilities and compliance with industry best practices and bylaws.
• Monitors the progress of the planning and execution of all components of the Spree operation.
• Leads volunteer recruitment, training, scheduling, and recognition.
• Implements industry best practices and technology to improve the overall visitor experience.
• Serves as a liaison to community organizations and stakeholders.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS 2
Minimum two years experience in event management, hospitality, or management.
Valid Driver’s License
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Great interpersonal abilities.
Must possess good leadership qualities.
Must have good organizational, analytical, and coordinating abilities.
Ability to work as part of a team.
The preferred start date would be March 2023