Direct Hire Position-Detroit 90,000-100,000 based on experience
Provides assistance and generally coordinates various machine controls with the Product Engineering and Manufacturing departments
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the design, development and installation of new PLC based control systems.
- Provides production support by troubleshooting and resolving machine PLC related issues
- Produce and update documents including work/user instructions, functional specifications, detailed design specifications, electrical and pneumatic schematics, etc.
- Conduct machine functionality and fault recovery testing and participates in project startup and machine commissioning.
- Work collaboratively with Manufacturing Engineers, Maintenance Technicians, Production Supervisors and other internal staff.
- Displays a positive attitude towards safety, works safely and follows all the Company’s safety policies and procedures.
- Reports all unsafe and unhealthy conditions or acts to management immediately.
- Reports injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses and property damage immediately to your Supervisor.
- Complies with all Health, Safety and Environmental standards in accordance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and the Michigan Occupational Health & Safety Act.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate Degree in Electrical or equivalent experience.
- Electrical/Electronic/Mechatronic or similar Engineering degree/diploma/certificate or Trades Qualification and significant equivalent work experience.
Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a Control Tech preferred
- Basic knowledge in the following software packages: Allen Bradley RSLogix500 / 5000, Factory Talk View Studio
- Understand and apply basic ladder logic principles, control for I/O, ability to understand PLC commands and HMI usage.
- Demonstrated experience in the following: Electrical control system design, PLC programming and troubleshooting, Strong MS Office skills, willing to work overtime as per job requirements.
- Knowledge of industrial networks. (DeviceNet, EthernetIP)
- Familiar with Vision Systems (Keyence, Cognex, IFM, Omron)
- Demonstrated use of electrical devices (i.e. proximity switches, load cells, LVDT’s, signal conditioners, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand technical documents, schematic design specification.