Zeal Credit Union is seeking an Assistant Branch Manager to work in the Livonia-Newburgh Branch. We are seeking someone who has a pleasant and professional demeanor and possesses the ability to communicate well verbally and in writing. This individual should enjoy working with the public using a courteous and professional approach. Zeal is looking for someone who is dependable and has strong organization, planning, analytical, leadership, research and resolution, and sales skills.
As an Assistant Branch Manager you will:
- Assist members directly with their financial needs and offers members only products and services that will improve the member's financial lives.
- Supervise the activities of the branch staff by assigning work, answering questions, solving problems, helping with complex transactions, handing sensitive member problems, explaining and enforcing policies and procedures to both staff and members.
- Ensure that staff is trained in all phases of job including identifying member solutions to improving their financial lives to ensure quality service to members.
- Evaluate the job performance of branch staff to ensure quality of work and service to members.
- Maintain a highly motivated and well-trained staff, maintaining effective employee relations.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses of staff and provide the resources to strengthen skills.
- Ensure vault, ATM and cash drawer levels conform to approved limits.
- Responsible for adequately maintaining and safely securing all currency, coin and negotiable instruments in branch.
- Ensure daily balancing of transactions and cash.
- Conduct all monthly audits as directed and required.
- Ensure that the Branch image is favorable by providing a clean and pleasant environment for members both inside and outside of the branch.
- Monitor branch operations and branch internal and external appearance to ensure consistency and professionalism. Appearance and operations include, but are not limited to, policies such as Dress Code and Branch Facilities as well as actions expected.
- Conduct administrative duties by maintaining adequate levels of cash, supplies and maintaining equipment.
- Conduct member service functions in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Utilizes sales and service skills to coach and lead employees in cross-selling products and services.
- Regular onsite attendance.
- Support and recommend the hiring of qualified applicants.
- Assist staff or members in solving complex account problems.
- Manage/supervise branch subordinates - overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these staff.
- Carry out all supervisory responsibilities including training, planning, assigning, and directing work, review of performance and disciplinary action.
- Administer the Branch Management Development Program and manage the branch participants.
- Finalize Saturday work schedule which includes scheduling Saturday workers for day off in same work week.
- Attend business functions during and after hours to increase visibility in the community.
- Order cash for the Branch - including cash that is stored in vault, ATM and teller drawers.
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- Preferably 2-3 years of experience with branch profitability, planning, sales goals, coaching and development in a financial institution such as a bank or credit union is strongly desired.
- 1-3 years related experience as Customer Service Representative in a banking environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least 1 year of cash-handling experience exceeding $1,000
- At least 1 year of finance, sales or customer service experience
- Knowledge of Credit Union products, services, policies and procedures
- Strong customer service skills and a great attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and solid organizational skills.
- Advanced mathematic skills and experience in Microsoft Office.
- Results driven and customer focused.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at once.
- Ability to build relationships with members and the team.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Professional appearance and courteous demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to follow company policies, guidelines and procedures
- Perform all other tasks and duties as assigned
Previous sales experience
We respect your time, so we've made the application short and sweet!
Visit our website to apply today! Careers - Zeal Credit Union (zealcu.org)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, or disability.