|Industrial distributor of mechanical products is seeking an individual to perform a dual role – Customer Service and Pro-active Sales. Candidate would be able to provide technical and product assistance to industrial accounts in order to generate new and repeat sales. A goal of customer relationship building from both efforts. Expected mix of customer service efforts and pro-active sales efforts is 75/25, once basic product knowledge is assimilated.
1. Primary responsibilities are to market Bearing Service, Inc. and authorized products to assigned accounts, according to company marketing strategies and to provide customer service support to assigned targets and other branch customers.
2. Responsible for aggressively pursuing and obtaining orders from target customers in an effort to maximize sales and profits. Follow orders to completion by quoting inquiries, processing orders, procuring parts, and expediting shipment. Complete quoting and order processes daily per customer requirements, focusing on prompt response time and viable solutions for each customer's needs.
3. Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products. Verify customer expected date and ensure that product is received by customer on-time. Recommend alternate products based on cost, availability or specifications. Establish price, credit and terms in accordance with standard procedures. Meet freight recovery goals by quoting and passing along incoming freight. Educate customers about terminology, features and benefits of products in order to secure orders. Strive to promote primary vendor products whenever possible.
4. Quote customers on initial call whenever possible. Enter all quotes into computer and provide quote number to customers to allow for easier ordering. Communicate significant customer information, such as quotes, inquiries, and lost sales to corresponding account managers. Maintain quote-filing system and follow up on open quotes daily to obtain orders or gather information. Enter all lost sales in order entry.
5. Review open order report regularly and take action to ensure that customers' orders are filled as promised, and that shipping feedback occurs promptly. Work with purchasing to expedite shipment s from suppliers for past due material. Inform customers of order status, if delayed. Achieve delivery performance goals for on-time shipments based upon order entry and ship dates, as determined by management.
6. Procure parts for customer orders, according to purchasing and marketing objectives: Effectively source parts according to brand, price and delivery constraints and inform purchasing of requirements. Process direct-ship orders and place branch purchase orders only when beneficial. Transfer parts from branches according to warehouse transfer schedules and guidelines, if needed to meet immediate delivery requirements. Strive to utilize the automated replenishment system to reduce warehouse-picking efforts. Minimize branch purchase orders to reduce purchasing and accounting costs, and to reduce incoming freight. Support primary vendors rather than source vendors when specifying product choices to customers and purchasing department
7. Actively service counter customers. Enter counter sales in computer, while aggressively pursuing add-on sales. Provide technical assistance for parts identification.
8. Coordinate action plan with management by account. Regularly communicate and monitor progress of the action plan with the branch manager.
9. Pre plan sales calls and record call detail on a daily basis, as calls are made. Communicate pre-planned calls to branch personnel using CRM software. Perform joint calls where applicable with Branch Manager and Vice President of Sales.
10. Perform and document value added services to all target accounts. Exceed value added annual goals. Primary focus should include providing solutions to customers' business problems.
11. Exceed annual training goals by participating in sales and branch meetings, vendor training, plant tours, seminars and training sessions, in order to improve knowledge of products, services, customers, and industries served.
12. Setup and maintain customer information. Provide feedback to branch managers on price discount records.
13. Contact customer following sale to ensure ongoing customer satisfaction. As directed by branch manager, provide pro-active support to the branch manager by contacting house customers to qualify or inform them of product and service offerings.
14. Perform additional duties as requested by management.