Part-Time Pro Shop Attendant
Fox Hills Golf & Banquet Center
To provide exceptional customer service to all golf patrons. Keep lines of communication open among all areas to include hosts, outside service and management. Provide golf staff with pertinent information in areas such as changes in tee times or cancellations, additional golfers not on tee sheet, weather alerts, and other customer needs.
- Keep an open line of communication with all golf personnel throughout your shift
- Watch out for any inclement weather and keep the appropriate staff aware of weather conditions.
- Opening and closing duties related to golf shop and clubhouse.
- Handle the check-in procedures for all customers.
- Inform customers about the facility (i.e. prices, sales promotions, special events, hours of operation, etc.
- Maintain a neat and clean environment in the golf shop (clean counters, shelves and windows) and straighten merchandise and change displays to maintain a “fresh” look in the golf shop.)
- Answer telephone and set up tee times (following the procedures of the facility.
- Sell and promote merchandise, assist with inventory restock merchandise.
- Responsible for cash drawer.
- Keep work area clean (empty trash, vacuum, dust – daily).
- Close point of sale at end of duty shift, in strict compliance with established closing procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and abilities required to perform essential functions.
- Basic Knowledge of golf.
- Basic knowledge of computers.
- Ability to handle fast paced work environment.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Able to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
- Must be flexible and adapt to situations that do not follow standard operating procedures.
- Ability to speak clearly, listen carefully, and use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give information to people.
It must be recognized that all specific duties cannot be listed and that responsibilities will change accordingly as the need arises. The Pro Shop will be responsible for accomplishing unforeseen tasks that relate to assigned functions. As conditions warrant, this job descriptions shall be amended from time to time.