Local deliveries via company vehicle (if branch operation)
Shipping and receiving
Warehousing, including inventory stocking
Driver/Warehouse Job Description
1. Complete daily deliveries to local customers in accordance with promise date and ship via provided by sales contact. Count consignment inventory stocked at key customers and process sales order and replenishment of stock. Meet other branch drivers to perform daily exchange of parts, if applicable.
2. Ship and receive UPS and FedEx packages using WorldShip and FedEx Manager online programs. Ensure that proper freight charges and tracking numbers are posted to the sales order. Prepare truck shipments, including bill of lading and notification of carrier.
3. Perform daily cycle counting, monitor accuracy rates, and maintain bin locations. Minimize physical discrepancies by investigating causes, addressing problems, and informing Branch Manager and/or Distribution Manager of improvements needed. Process all quality reporting, such as the Discrepant Material Report (DMR) and all ERP inventory reconciliation entries.
4. Check in daily replenishment shipment and receive transfers electronically. Address any discrepancies immediately according to our quality standards. Put away stock from incoming warehouse transfers, and pull stock for outgoing transfers to other locations.
5. Perform routine truck and building maintenance, including routine cleaning of floors, bathrooms, and other areas that need regular attention.
6. Order office and building maintenance supplies through the Purchasing Department on a monthly basis, or as needed.
7. Perform other duties as directed by the Branch Manager, Warehouse Supervisor, or other branch personnel.
Job Requirements Ideal candidate will possess the following experience and skills:
1. Previous experience delivering packages in surrounding geographical area.
2. Previous experience working at an industrial distributor.
3. Experience working with a distribution software package (Infor's SX.enterprise a plus).
4. Knowledge using UPS WorldShip and FedEx Manager software.
5. Ability to accurately count parts and differentiate similar part numbers.
6. Clean driving record – no tickets or at fault accidents.
7. State of Michigan Chauffer’s license.
8. Ability to lift 70 pounds.
9. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Excel, and Word.
10. Excellent customer service skills.
11. Proper phone skills and etiquette.
12. Operate lift truck. Certified by State of Michigan.
About Bearing Service, Inc.:
Bearing Service, Inc. is an independent distributor of bearings and power transmission components servicing MRO and OEM customers in Michigan and beyond since 1943. Our niche is to provide Premium Service and Expert Solutions with the lowest total cost of ownership. Bearing Service is a third generation company, with a track record of providing excellent career opportunities for our employees, offering a competitive wage and benefit package to qualified candidates. We welcome you to learn more about our organization by visiting www.bearingservice.com.