If you believe that you make a difference, we want you to join our team Hegira Health!
"Hegira is pleased to include a $500 retention bonus for our Direct Care Workers after 6 months of employment! We will payout an additional $500 every 6 months for the first 5 years of employment."
Oakdale House is an adult 9-bed Crisis Residential program for adults with serious mental illness. The facility is licensed by AFC and Certified for this level of care by the State of Michigan. Oakdale House provides an important community resource as an alternative to hospitalization for adults voluntarily seeking treatment. The program provides structure through a daily treatment schedule, individual and group counseling, case management, nursing and psychiatric care and aftercare service coordination. The typical resident 's length of stay is 1 week.
Our ideal candidate has Direct Care Worker and/or AFC (Adult Foster Care) home experience. Candidate's should enjoy working within a psychiatric team to provide comprehensive mental health treatment. We provide training to ensure our staff are skilled to meet the needs of our residents.
Direct Care Workers are important members of our treatment team.
The varies duties of our
DCW staff include:
- Assisting with intake and discharge (documentation, accounting for belongings, searches, orientation to program, etc.)
- Facilitating structured activity groups
- Providing individual support and redirection to residents in need per shift individual resident record documentation
- Monitor visitor activity
- Contributing to treatment plans and observing and communicating resident behaviors
- Assisting with transportation
- Serving outside catered meals
- Errands in the community
- Helping to maintain the cleanliness of the facility
- Continuous monitoring of the environment
- Laundry, as needed
- Document resident activities and food intake each shift
- Individual and group interactions with residents
- Facilitate afternoon/evening structured activity
- Assist nursing staff as needed with medication pass, monitoring, interventions
- Picking up residents for admission
- Facility light cleaning duties
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- At least one year of recent related experience
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Chauffeurs license (Must have at the time of hire)
- CPR/First Aid (will provide training)
- If not currently DCW certified, must be able to complete DCW training and pass training tests prior to working shifts
- Non-physical crisis intervention training (provided) within 30-days of hire
Current Available Shifts:
- Full-time, Midnight(s) 11:00 pm-7:30 am
- Part-time, Afternoon(s) 3 pm-11:30 pm and Midnight(s) 11:00 pm-7:30 am, with holiday rotation required
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time