Is your passion to make a real difference? If so, please consider joining our team! With over 16 programs located across Western Wayne County's communities, Hegira Programs, Inc. (HPI), a private non-profit corporation, is one of the largest freestanding behavioral healthcare agencies in the area. HPI, accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the State of Michigan, provides a broad array of mental health and substance abuse treatment and prevention services to individuals of all ages.
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
The Clubhouse Coordinator shall have, at a minimum, a Bachelors’ Degree from an accredited college or university, specializing in psychology, social work, or rehabilitation. He/she shall have at least five years (5) of experience in the behavioral health field, of which at least three years was spent providing direct services for adults with serious mental illness. He/she shall have at least two (2) years of supervisory experience. He/she shall have demonstrated knowledge of personnel and consumer risk-management, clubhouse model and other consumer-driven, recovery oriented rehabilitation services, job development, job coaching, and transitional employment. A valid Michigan Chauffeur’s license is required.
LOCATION: Inkster, MI (On Inkster rd. off Michigan Ave.)
STATUS: Full-Time; Monday-Friday 8:30 am-5 pm
COMPENSATION: (dependent on experience)
Hegira offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare benefits, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability , 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match, life insurance, wellness incentive, and generous paid time off benefits. As a 501c (3) organization, Hegira employees are eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program for student loans. HPI also offers regular in-house training opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Timely interview, hire, and evaluate assistant coordinator, unit leader, job coach/developer, intern and support staff.
- Ensure that scope and quality of staff performance is consistent with job description.
- Ensure staff practice is maintained within the limits of licensee and established areas of competency.
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained or introduced to meet program needs.
- Assign service delivery to staff based on skill assessment.
- Ensure staff training, both that which is required to meet standards as well as that which is discretionary, is continuous to meet individual as well as program needs.
- Approve staff work and vacation schedules.
- Communicate staff performance problems to Administration of AOS and/or Human Resources Director.
- Utilize HPI progressive disciplinary policy and procedure to address substandard employee performance.
- Recommend job description updates for positions supervised, as needed.
Clubhouse Member Case Reviews
- Conduct regular case reviews to ensure team approach to clubhouse services. .
- Indicate review in individual member records by signatures on record review documents.
Clubhouse Program Planning
- Participate in annual corporateClubhouse?budgetand service goals and objectives determination meeting.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Clubhouse service standards and developments.
- Make recommendations to the Administrator of Adult Outpatient Services regarding program changes and/or improvements.
- Identify services trends in the community and make recommendations to Administration.
- Distribute staff activity assignments to meet annual plan goals.
- Participate as program liaison to payor sources, community outreach organizations, etc., as requested.
- Complete annual goals and objectives and program evaluation.
- Monitor and maintain expenses within 5% of annual budgeted amount.
Quality Management -complete the following per the QMC directives:
- Satisfaction Surveys
- Environmental Surveillance
- Safety Drills/Exercises
- Other reports as assigned
- Lead monthly staff meetings and provide minutes within 14 days to Quality Management Department.
- Communicate change in policy and procedure to staff as it is provided.
- Participate in Quality Management Committee activities.
- Maintain documents of services, logs, etc., per payor and agency guidelines.
- Participate in internal and external auditing of clinical records.
- Facilitate the completion of corrective actions required based on survey /audit findings.
- Ensure timely and accurate communication of recipient complaints to Administration.
- Resolve informal recipient complaints at the clinic level.
- Ensure services are provided in a safe, clean, and secure environment.
- Report needs for improvements, repairs in timeframe consistent with need priority.
- Ensure that emergency/crisis supplies are maintained per policy.
- Establish effective relationships with key community liaisons, service providers, funding sources and (where applicable) participate in residential task force committee at network level.
- Maintain a positive, professional presentation when in the community.
- Facilitate staff, Clubhouse member and community stakeholder satisfaction.
- Encourage a cooperative working environment within and between staff disciplines.
- Demonstrate consistent and professional written and verbal skills.
- Maintain on-call availability by pager/cellular phone during clinic hours of operation.
- Provides arrangements for supervision in his/her absence.
- Apply HPI policy and procedure consistently among all HPI staff.
- Ensure staff is skilled and educated to identify and manage clinical risk.
- Process Variance Reports per policy and procedure.
- Ensure staff is trained in crisis/emergency preparedness and response skills.
- Notify Administrator of Adult Outpatient Services in the event of an incident with potential negative impact on the organization.
- Seek assistance from Administration of Adult Outpatient Services when authority, scope, and/or resources are outside the limit of position.
- Enforce compliance with 42 CFR and HIPAA guidelines.
- Manage abrupt changes in staff schedules with the least impact on services.
- Must have adequate visual acuity to interact with the Electronic Health Record System and accurately input data.
- Regular and reliable on-site attendance and punctuality is required.