If you believe that you make a difference, we want you to join our team... Hegira Health!
Hegira Health, Inc. (HHI), a private non-profit corporation, is one of the largest freestanding behavioral healthcare agencies in the area. HHI, accredited by the Joint Commission and licensed by the State of Michigan, provides a broad array of mental health and substance abuse treatment and prevention services to individuals of all ages.
Peer Support is a service provided by a person who has lived experience with mental illness and is committed to Recovery. HHI's Certified Peer Support Specialists offer support, guidance and share personal experience to help your goals. Peer Support Services are available to adults with serious mental illness and/or co-occurring mental and substance use disorders.
The Peer Support Specialist shall have, at minimum,
- High school diploma or GED.
- He/she must be able to complete the State of Michigan (SOM) 5-day Peer Support Training (PST) and be eligible to sit for the certification exam within six months of employment for continuation of employment.
- The Peer Support Specialist shall have been diagnosed with a serious mental illness for at least one year and free and clean of substance use for the same length of time as applicable.
- He/she shall maintain a Peer Support Specialist Certification issued by the State of Michigan.
- He/she shall demonstrate commitment to the Recovery Model.
- He/she shall have strong verbal communication skills.
- He/she shall have a working knowledge of community resources.
- He/she shall have the ability to maintain appropriate boundaries in his/her role of service provider.
- He/she must possess a valid driver’s license with less than six (6) current points (per Michigan law), as applicable to the program.
- He/she must have or be eligible for and obtain a State of Michigan Chauffeur's license within seven (7) days of offer of employment.
- He/she must demonstrate knowledge of Wayne County’s mental health system.
- He/she must possess basic computer skills to perform job duties.
- He/she must have basic electronic communication and internet skills to gather information required for the program and program participants
- Livonia, MI with easy access on/off I-96 at Farmington Rd
STATUS: Full-Time; Monday - Friday, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
For Full-time positions:
Hegira offers a competitive benefits package including healthcare benefits, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, 403(b) retirement savings plan with company match, life insurance, wellness incentive, and generous paid time off benefits. As a 501c (3) organization, Hegira employees are eligible to participate in the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) Program for student loans. HHI also offers regular in-house training opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time