Who We Are
SPARK Business Works builds mobile apps, dashboards, and workflow tools that make our clients happy and their businesses better. We are growing in Metro Detroit and seeking an ambitious and detailed-oriented candidate who has experience launching projects they are proud of. You’ll have the autonomy, culture, and leverage needed to build amazing solutions and make an impact. Plus, it’s fun!
What you’ll be doing
As Application Architect, you’ll assist in the development of custom apps and web-based software. You’ll be responsible for completing project specifications and ensuring their implementation in all stages of a project. You will work closely with SPARK team members, clients and developers to execute software projects to ensure client satisfaction.
How to know you are the right fit:
If you can answer “yes” to these questions, this is the job for you!
- Do you enjoy creating something new that improves the lives of others?
- Do you enjoy owning the details and success of a project from idea to implementation in the real world?
- Do you like building relationships with the end user?
- Do you obsess over the small details that can make-or-break an amazing user experience or the technical success of a project?
- Do you seek an entrepreneurial and team-based culture where you can learn from others, share ideas, have your voice valued, take responsibility, and make things happen?
- Architect database schemes.
- Document bugs and perform software testing.
- Manage software project deliverables and milestones.
- Work with clients to build wire frames and write specifications for software projects.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by clients and management team.
- Work with designers to assist in creating user interface design to meet client expectations.
- Make key decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks through all phases of the project.
- Meet with clients regularly to demonstrate developed functionality and discuss project details.
- Assist with software development project activities for multiple projects across all phases including analysis, design, development, implementation, control, and closure.
- Work collaboratively with development team and external or internal clients to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation.
- Make recommendations to team about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from development team.
- Proactively creates relationships with new and existing clients in efforts to promote business development opportunities.
- Coordinates weekly client meetings to provide feedback on project status, updates and scope, definitions and requirement changes.
- Creates and develops business plans – targeting potential clients, making presentations and developing materials to reach these clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or software engineering or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with managing the development of mobile, SaaS, and/or cloud-based applications
- Vast knowledge of scripting and programming languages
- Relevant experience with operating systems (Linux), web services and REST
- Understanding of relational databases (MSSQL, MYSQL)
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Understanding of Android and IOS systems
About CSM Group of Companies:
Why Work Here?
CSM Group of Companies prides itself on creating a harmonious and fun environment that promotes collaboration and flexibility so that our employees can choose an appropriate area – whether that be a remote or permanent office location – to work according to their tasks.
Our talent-based organizational focus attracts and retains high performers. The concept is based upon providing challenging work to employees, shaping the division of work such that each employee can work in areas of their particular strength, and teaming them with other employees who complement their strength to achieve the overall mission.
Expectations are clearly defined through our strategic goals at the corporate and department/team level. Employees work with their direct report to develop individual goals which align with the company’s strategic direction and their career aspirations. We use tools such as the DISC assessment and StrengthsFinder, and processes such as the Performance Development Program (PDP) to individually devote resources and time to each employee to understand how they can be effective and engaged.
Our performance management system is also designed to support high performance work and workforce engagement. Components of the system include our corporate goals and KPIs to help establish clear direction and expectations, CSM University for professional development and training, the PDP for performance review/appraisal, a performance-based incentive program, and a robust recognition program.
Sound like a good fit? Let us know why!