The individual may work at any position in the Food Court and job duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Grill/Deli Station: Responsible for food prep and execution of breakfast service and prep and station set-up for lunch service. Assist customers with their orders in a friendly and timely manner.
- Southwest station: Follow recipes and directions for food preparation and prepare menu items to order for customers.
- Dishwasher: Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Wash & sterilize utensils, cooking equipment while keeping storage area clean and organized. Assist other stations/deliveries as needed.
- Storeroom: Open deliveries and store items in appropriate areas. Maintain a clean environment in the storeroom; assist others as needed.
- Salad Bar Station: Prepare salad bar items as directed and keep salad bar well stocked during peak hours of business. Assist customers in a friendly and timely manner.
- Cashier: Able to perform basic math and computer skills. Have a friendly and helpful attitude working with customers and getting them through the line in a timely manner.
- Entree/Pizza Station: Serve customers in a friendly & timely manner; keep pizza station well stocked during peak hours; able to multi-task jobs.
Staff members work at the beautiful VisTaTech Center along with Schoolcraft College chefs and award winning culinarians.
1. All employees must be food service sanitation certified, or must successfully complete a food service sanitation class and be Good Customer Service Skills approved. (This training commences after hire and is paid for by the college).
- Food Safety certified or able to obtain certification.
2. Able to work in a fast paced, customer service oriented atmosphere.
3. Knowledge of using/cleaning kitchen equipment (deli slicer, deep fryers, pizza ovens, etc).
- Experience in a fast-paced food service environment.
Varies (20-25 hrs/week); Henry's Hours: M-Th 7:30am-7pm Fri 7:30am-1:30pm
Current Openings Include:
Monday – Thursday / 11:15 a.m. – 3:15 p.m.
Friday / 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Monday – Friday / 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Monday – Thursday 9:30a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Monday – Thursday / 3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
A current cover letter and resume will be required at the end of the application process. Failure to upload required documents will result in an incomplete application.
There are three available positions (August start date).