|Job Title||Food Service Worker|
|Job Summary||The individual may work at any position in the Food Court and job duties could include, but are not limited to:
- Grill/Deli Station: Responsible for food prep and execution of breakfast service and prep and station set-up for lunch service. Assist customers with their orders in a friendly and timely manner.
- Southwest station: Follow recipes and directions for food preparation and prepare menu items to order for customers.
- Dishwasher: Must be able to lift 25 lbs. Wash & sterilize utensils, cooking equipment while keeping storage area clean and organized. Assist other stations/deliveries as needed.
- Storeroom: Open deliveries and store items in appropriate areas. Maintain a clean environment in the storeroom; assist others as needed.
- Salad Bar Station: Prepare salad bar items as directed and keep salad bar well stocked during peak hours of business. Assist customers in a friendly and timely manner.
- Cashier: Able to perform basic math and computer skills. Have a friendly and helpful attitude working with customers and getting them through the line in a timely manner.
- Entree/Pizza Station: Serve customers in a friendly & timely manner; keep pizza station well stocked during peak hours; able to multi-task jobs.
Staff members work at the beautiful VisTaTech Center along with Schoolcraft College chefs and award winning culinarians.
1. All employees must be food service sanitation certified, or must successfully complete a food service sanitation class and be Good Customer Service Skills approved. (This training commences after hire and is paid for by the college).
|Required Qualifications||1. Food Safety certified or able to obtain certification.
2. Able to work in a fast paced, customer service oriented atmosphere.
3. Knowledge of using/cleaning kitchen equipment (deli slicer, deep fryers, pizza ovens, etc).
|Preferred Qualifications||1. Experience in a fast-paced food service environment.|
|Physical Demands||Language Skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, hear, taste and smell. The employee may lift up to 20lbs frequently. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, distance, depth perception, color, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to work near open flames and/or heat generated from a kitchen environment. The employee is required to work around cleaning chemicals.
The noise level is a moderately loud working/kitchen environment.
|Work Hours||Varies (20-25 hrs/week); Henry's Hours: M-Th 7:30am-7pm Fri 7:30am-1:30pm|
|Salary||$12.12/hr per SCAFSE Bargaining Agreement; $13.15/hr (one-year rate)|