Department: Cash Services
Classification: Non- Exempt
Position Reports To: Branch Manager
Position Summary / Purpose:
To welcome, assist, educate, and help members with their financial needs and process members’ transactions including, but not limited to cash, checks, and other negotiable instruments in a professional and confidential manner. To be dedicated to providing exceptional service, be proactively sales and service driven and to promote all of the Credit Union’s programs and services.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
1. To provide prompt, friendly, professional and accurate service to members and potential members.
2. To represent the Credit Union in a courteous and professional manner.
3. To communicate with members verbally, in person, via telephone and in writing regarding their accounts in a confidential manner in accordance with the Credit Union’s policies.
4. To assist members with all kinds of account transactions, including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, opening and closing certificates and other account products.
5. Actively promote and cross sell credit union services.
6. Balance and maintain security of cash drawer, member records and other credit union assets.
7. Maintain an appropriate level of product knowledge needed to assist members with inquiries and or problems. To resolve inquiries or problems within ability and/or direct members to appropriate person or department for specific information and/or assistance.
8. Maintain appropriate level of knowledge regarding regulations and policies involving account transactions, processing cash, checks and other negotiable instruments.
9 Assist management in identifying areas to improve or enhance the department’s operating methods.
10. Perform other related duties as required or as assigned by supervisor. Assist management with projects and assist other departments as needed.
1. To provide informed, professional, and personal service to members and potential members.
2. To strive for posting accuracy; measurement to be determined by management in performance evaluation goals.
3. To successfully recommend and actively cross sell new products and services to members and promote the Credit Unions’ Sales and Service culture.
4. To maintain a dependable record of attendance and timeliness.
5. Maintain appropriate level of knowledge regarding regulations and policies including but not limited to Reg CC, Reg D, BSA and OFAC regulations. Promote use of the Credit Union’s products and other financial services.
6. To maintain a neat and organized workstation and uphold the professional reputation of the credit union.
7. To process transactions and member information efficiently and accurately in accordance with established policies and standards.
8. To secure and maintain all records in a confidential manner and insure privacy of member information.
Education / Certification: High school graduate or equivalent. One to two years or similar or related experience.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of cash services policies and procedures. Skills / Abilities: Capable of operating word processing programs, spreadsheet and other software as required. Good communication and sales skills. Attentive to detail and accuracy. Well organized. Cooperative and willing to assist others.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTION: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
FINGER DEXTERITY: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products, or operate machinery.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to deal with a variety of variables under only limited standardization. Able to interpret various instructions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Ability to perform basic math skills, use decimals to compute ratios, percentages, and to draw and interpret graphs.
LANGUAGE ABILITY: Ability to use passive vocabulary of 5,000-6,000 words; read at a slow rate; and define unfamiliar words in dictionaries for meaning, spelling, and pronunciation. Ability to write complex sentences, using proper punctuation, and using adjectives and adverbs. Ability to communicate in complex sentences, using normal word order with present and past tenses and good vocabulary.