Position Title: Branch Manager
Department: Member Services
Position Reports To: AVP Member Services
Position Summary / Purpose:
To direct and coordinate all activities within the branch facility ensuring the branch meets organizational, operational, growth plans and meets excellent service experience standards. o ensure compliance with credit union policy; assist in development of lending policy; manage branch activity to meet credit union goals and objectives. To supervise and assist cash services and lending / member services representatives.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties:
1. Directs, develops, motivates, and disciplines branch personnel administers performance evaluations and recommends appropriate personnel actions.
2. Assists members and staff with member services and lending related products and services. Presents, explains, and processes credit union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs. Serves as backup to cash services and member service representatives as needed.
3. Evaluate and monitor branch operating results relative to established objectives and ensures that appropriate steps are taken to correct unsatisfactory conditions. Monitor branch activities to insure they are following credit union policies and procedures.
4. Complete or directs completion of loan documents, applications, decisions and loan disbursals within approved authority. Perform loan officer functions within established limits. Process, close, and approve loans.
4. Serve on Credit Committee. Provide overviews and make recommendations for the committee.
5. Evaluate and monitors branch processes. Recommend and coordinate needed changes based on process analysis. Identifies and takes action to improve the department’s operating and audit methods and procedures.
6. Keep informed of current trends in lending and market factors affecting lending. Identifies areas where existing credit union lending programs can be improved or enhanced.
7. Assists management to ensure that credit union is in compliance with regulations. Review, update, and revise credit union policies as needed. Maintain appropriate level of knowledge regarding regulations and policies including but not limited to BSA and OFAC regulations.
8. BSA Compliance and Security Officer for branch.
9. Performs other related duties as required or as assigned by supervisor.
1. Maintain working knowledge of all Credit Union services and policies to provide accurate information to members and staff. Promote use of the Credit Union’s loan products and other financial services.
2. Must have ability to interpret regulations affecting lending, member services, and cash services programs and work with management for insuring compliance.
3. To assist and inform management in ensuring that lending activity is within established policies and regulations.
4. A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and/or is usually of a personal or sensitive nature.
5. To keep management informed of key operational issues affecting the branch.
6. Communicates with members both verbally and written, regarding their accounts in a confidential manner in accordance with the Credit Union’s policies.
7. To provide friendly, professional and accurate service and support to all members, employees and associates.
8. To proactively promote the Credit Union and a sales and service culture within the branch.
Education / Certification: High school graduate or equivalent. Two to five years or similar or related experience.
Required Knowledge: Knowledge of related computer applications. Familiarity with basic bookkeeping procedures.
Skills / Abilities: The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job. Broad experience with all aspects of lending and member services products, procedures and policies. Capable of operating spreadsheets, word processing programs and other software as required. Good communication skills. Attentive to detail and accuracy. Well organized.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION:
FINGER DEXTERITY: Using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
TALKING: Especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly.
AVERAGE HEARING: Able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
REPETITIVE MOTIONS: Movements frequently and regularly required using the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
AVERAGE VISUAL ABILITIES: Average, ordinary visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or products.
PHYSICAL STRENGTH: Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. (Almost all office jobs.)
NONE: No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions (such as in a typical office).
MENTAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.
MATHEMATICS ABILITY: Basic financial math and reasoning abilities. Ability to balance and audit cash drawers and vault, calculate interest rate.