Fox Hills Golf & Banquet Center
To ensure that guests have an enjoyable round of golf, keep pace with the group in front, and all players observe proper golf etiquette and obey the rules set forth for play. The ranger has one of the most difficult positions in the golf operation. Directing the flow of traffic, enforcing the course rules/regulations and instructing players on the code of etiquette. Oversee the golf course grounds and assisting players with any on course problems.
- Reviews a prepared list of golf course rules with each golfer. Informs golfers of any unusual conditions that exist on the course.
- Communicates with other Outside Service Staff to ensure that all players tee off at their scheduled times.
- Collect a receipt for each golfer and submit collected receipts to Golf Shop.
- Monitors all play on the golf course, with special attention to the area of pace play. (2:15 for 9 holes).
- Report golf course play situation to the golf shop staff at regular intervals.
- Check water and ice stations and restock supplies as needed.
- Assist outings by placing and removing closest to the pin markers, longest drive markers and sponsor signs out on the golf course.
- Assist with the preparation of carts for outings.
- Knowledge of how to handle the flow of a 27-hole golf course.
- Be able to tolerate a variety of weather conditions including but not limited to extreme temperatures, all forms of precipitation, sun and wind.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of golf
- Ability to handle a fast paced work environment
- Good oral communication skills
- Repetitive lifting (up to 50 pounds), stretching and reaching
Must be able to operation a standard golf cart It must be recognized that all specific duties cannot be listed and that responsibilities will change accordingly as the need arises. The Starter/Ranger will be responsible for accomplishing unforeseen tasks that relate to assigned functions. As conditions warrant, this job descriptions shall be amended from time to time.