- High School Diploma
- Early childhood education or related field preferred
- Exemplary interpersonal, collaborative and planning skills
- Interest and ability to support children and their families
- Ability to work cooperatively with people in and outside of the classroom
- Ability to respond positively to work direction and guidance from others
- The Teacher Assistant shall be a sensitive and mature person who has experience working with young children (infant-6 years) in addition to the following:
- Relates to children and adults in a caring manner
- Strives to meet the needs of children and their families in child care related areas
- Ability to work independently, managing multiple demanding tasks under critical timeframes
- Criminal background check required
- Required attendance - Protecting God’s Children
- Ability to sit (25%), walk/stand (75%), routinely throughout the shift.
- Must be able to periodically lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must have functional senses/manual dexterity to carry out the job; communicate effectively; and use of office equipment.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively with the stress of managing emergency/critical situations and multiple tasks.
- Knowledge of child development (infant – 8 years)
- Knowledge of grammar and spelling for daily verbal and written communication
- Ability to keep confidences regarding staff, parents & children
- Performs duties with exposure to infectious or communicable diseases inherent to the care of children
- Occasional exposure to loud or unpleasant voices due to unpredictable behavior of children
- Demonstrates adherence to Felician Sisters Child Care Centers, Inc., State of Michigan Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers, as well as policies of St. Mary Child Care Center.
- Demonstrates punctuality and adheres to attendance policies
- Uses resources in a cost effective manner and manages own work activities efficiently and effectively
- Demonstrates initiative and seeks opportunities to enhance operating performance
Hourly wage commensurate with experience - starting at $9.50 per hour
Excellent Employee Benefit Package!
Submit resume to Corlis Stokes, firstname.lastname@example.org