· Bachelor’s or Associate Degree in early childhood education, child development and/or other child related fields.
· Teacher Certification ZS preferred
· Exemplary interpersonal, collaborative and planning skills
· Interest and ability to support children and their families
· Ability to work cooperatively with people in and outside of the classroom
· Ability to respond positively to work direction and guidance from others
· The Lead Teacher shall be a sensitive and mature person who has experience working with young children (infant-6 years) in addition to the following:
o Relates to children and adults in a caring manner
o Strives to meet the needs of children and their families in child care related
o Ability to work independently, managing multiple demanding tasks under critical timeframes
· Criminal background check required
· Required attendance - Protecting God’s Children
Demands (Physical and Special):
· Ability to sit (25%), walk/stand (75%), routinely throughout the shift.
· Must be able to periodically lift up to 50 lbs.
· Must have functional senses/manual dexterity to carry out the job; communicate effectively; and use of office equipment.
· Must have the ability to deal effectively with the stress of managing emergency/critical situations and multiple tasks.
· Knowledge of child development (infant – 8 years)
· Knowledge of grammar and spelling for daily verbal and written communication
· Ability to keep confidences regarding staff, parents & children
· Completion of developmentally appropriate lesson plans weekly
· Annual CPR, First Aid Training and 24 hours of professional development
· Performs duties with exposure to infectious or communicable diseases inherent to the care of children
· Occasional exposure to loud or unpleasant voices due to unpredictable behavior of children
· Daily exposure to outdoor elements (sun, wind, cold, etc.)
· Demonstrates adherence to Felician Sisters Child Care Centers, Inc., State of Michigan
Licensing Rules for Child Care Centers, as well as policies of St. Mary Child Care Center.
· Demonstrates punctuality and adheres to attendance policies
· Uses resources in a cost effective manner and manages own work activities efficiently and effectively
· Demonstrates initiative and seeks opportunities to enhance operating performance
Full-time position / Hourly wage commensurate with experience
Send resume to email@example.com
A Felician – Sponsored Ministry