General Statement of Responsibilities:
The Assistant Administrator has two primary responsibilities:
- Fulfilling the duties of the Administrator in his/her absence
- Development, implementation, and monitoring of goals and activities identified for each person supported by home/s, as noted in the individual’s Person Centered Plan (PCP).
Assistant Administrator will promote an unconditional “culture of gentleness” by using positive support and approaches and always treating people with dignity and respect. She/he will adhere to COC policies and procedures, public acts, rules and regulations under which homes associated with COC operate, including directives and standards required by Managers of Comprehensive Provider Networks (MCPNs).
1. Reports to the Home Administrator
2. Maintains professional and positive relationships with persons served, families, guardians and Power of Attorneys (POAs), personnel throughout the corporation, business partners and members of the community.
Job Specific Responsibilities
1. Supervises home staff in collaboration with, and in the absence of the Administrator
2. Assure that applicable COC Policies and Procedures are known and carried out in the home.
3. Perform delegated assignments from the Administrator, which include among other things:
a. Assists individuals with necessary personal care and daily living skills
b. Assist in the orientation and training of new staff
c. Assist in the process of evaluating potential new residents
d. Regular review and follow-up on the documentation related to people served; Conduct monthly program updates and maintain resident files according to contract obligations.
e. Assist in the preparation for Audits and Review from all governing agencies
4. Work cooperatively with the Interdisciplinary Team in supporting each individual’s PCP,
Which include, but may not be limited to:
- Train staff on all aspects of PCP’s
- Work alongside staff on the implementation of the PCP and provide direction as needed
- Ensure staff are attending to goals and objectives identified in PCP
- Assure required documentation is completed
5. Participate in providing and assuring a supportive relationship with the residents and coordinative effort within staff that helps assure a normalized, comfortable, productive and healthy living environment.
6. Assure that appropriate staff area available to provide cooking, mobility, transportation, medication administration and other required home demands
7. Communicate with families and other advocates relating to residents and relays important
information, concerns, etc. to the Home Administrator and other necessary staff
8. Promote a supportive relationship with those living and working in home to insure a productive, positive and healthy environment.
- Develop and maintain a complete set of clear and easy to follow standard operating procedures (SOPs) for all direct responsibilities as covered in the job description and as delegated by the Administrator
- Develop and maintain a complete schedule of routine activities and appointments (daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, annually, ad-hoc)
- Assure the effectiveness and competence of the SOPs and routine activities, assignments and appointments by periodically reviewing these against actual practices.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Proficient with written and verbal communication skills
- Evidence of supervisory and administrative skills
- Ability to work cooperatively in a multi-programmed service agency and ability to work independently.
- Exhibit emotional maturity and sound judgment. Know when to share information and when to keep information confidential.
- Proactive approach to problem solving. Ability to satisfactorily meet deadlines.
- Must be at least age 18. Have a valid Michigan driver's license and maintain the ability to be insured by COCs insurance carrier.
- Be able to successfully complete all required Agency training in the required time allotted or provide documentation of previously completed training.
- Be in good physical health with capability of transferring and/or lifting persons who require physical assistance.
- Be flexible in his/her work schedule
- Be capable of handling emergencies