Welcome to Livonia
Livonia was ranked the No. 1 place in Michigan for job seekers and the No. 9 place in Michigan for young families in 2013, according to a national financial analysis company.
The city’s strong median income, growth in working-age population, low unemployment rate, rising property values, solid school ratings, and reasonable cost of living were all factors in Livonia gaining high rankings in these categories, as analyzed by Nerd Wallet, a California-based financial research company that assess national and state economic trends.
Livonia Housing values have increased an average of 38% over the past two years, according to data provided by RealComp II Ltd.
Livonia is Michigan’s ninth-largest city and has been regarded as one of the nation’s leading suburban community to live, work, learn and play for decades. Aside from Detroit, no other city in Michigan has more public park land than Livonia. There is an extraordinary level of community involvement as part of life in Livonia. The city has Michigan’s largest youth hockey association, largest parent-teacher-student association, and some 16,000 young people involved in recreational program. People of all ages support dozens of churches, more than 60 neighborhood associations, and numerous of service clubs and volunteer organizations.
Livonia is a smartly planned community where tree-line residential streets are separated from industrial areas. The city’s central location conveniently places local homeowners, workers, and businesses within a 30-minute drive of most metro Detroit landmarks, such as downtown Detroit, Metro Airport, the Detroit Zoo, and University of Michigan.
OTHER SIGNIFICANT DESIGNATIONS INCLUDE:
- Led by the main campuses for Schoolcraft College and Madonna University, Livonia is home to seven college and university facilities that serve some 43,000 students each year.
- The University of Michigan-Dearborn recognized Livonia as one of seven top Michigan communities for fostering local entrepreneurship and business development.
- Livonia has one of the lowest unemployment rates, around 4% for most of 2014, in Michigan. Livonia has a diverse economy with employment growth in the manufacturing, health care, education, and finance industries.
- Office and industrial property occupancy rates in and around Livonia are among the highest in the metro Detroit marketing, according to Friedman Integrated Real Estate Solutions.
- Livonia is home to three of the southeast Michigan’s 50 fastest-growing companies, according to Crain’s Detroit Business: Roush Enterprises, Acro Service, and WorkForce Software.